The Chemistry REU site at the University at Buffalo (UB) is a ten-week program running from June 2, 2014 to August 8, 2014. UB Chemistry REU participants will have a choice of projects that will have collaborative, interdisciplinary aspects that promote student interactions with multiple investigators. Highlights of our program include:
- Original research project with one of our faculty members (see list or go to our departmental website www.chemistry.buffalo). Some projects are joint between two faculty members.
- Trips to industrial and academic research laboratories that focus on environmental chemistry and sustainability including the Great Lakes Center, Honeywell, Wilson Greatbatch, Praxair, Ecology and Environment.
- Weekly lecture series on research topics, professional skills, career choices, and scientific ethics
- Organized social events including trips to the Niagara Falls power station, Shakespeare in the park, outdoor music events and summer festivals.
- Opportunities to disseminate results of research through oral and poster presentations
In addition to the research experience, UB's Chemistry REU students receive:
The program covers participant housing expenses in an on-campus dorm.
Travel costs: Some travel expenses may be covered, on a case-by-case basis.
Students must be available to fully participate in the program for the entire 10 weeks. The research program requires a full-time committment. Other engagements including taking courses (including online courses) during the ten weeks of the program are discouraged.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions regarding the UB Chemistry REU Program!